Horse Crazy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horses collide with dogs and fantasy, but which will you be?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dean At The Ranch

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
PyrenBane

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 7:06 pm

Dean walks toward the main building of the ranch, scowling slightly. His nose is still tender from falling the other night.
*As Dean* I walked in, and then I waited. My friend John said someone here wanted to see me, perhaps about a job. Whatever. It didn't matter to me.
Back to top Go down
PyrenBane

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 7:34 pm

I'm wearing black Wrangler jeans and black cowboy boots that have white patterns on them. I'm also wearing a black and white plaid shirt. My shoes are tight and weird, because I am just breaking them in. I wish I could just kick them off and lay down, but a job's a job.
Back to top Go down
Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:44 am

I am in the stall with Midnight trying to get her stall clean. I have her tied out infront of her stall. I then come out after i have cleaned it. I then grab a knife and cut open a bag of shavings and put them in the stall and started spreading them around. I then come to bring Midnight inside when i see him. "Are you Dean?"
Back to top Go down
PyrenBane

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:08 pm

"Uhh, yah. I need to speak to the owner, girly, where can I find him?" I ask tersely.
Back to top Go down
Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:36 pm

I then looked at him. "Your looking at the owner."
Back to top Go down
PyrenBane

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:42 pm

I size you up and then leer at you. "Nice. Really nice. So I'm supposed to work here, right? What do you want me to do here, what... position, would make you happiest?" I ask.
Back to top Go down
Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:45 pm

I looked at him. "I would like it if you dowl down that attitude." I then grabbed Midnights lead rope and brought her in the stall. "What do you like to do with horses?"
Back to top Go down
PyrenBane

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:50 pm

"I don't know. I'll do whatever." I say lazily.
Back to top Go down
Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:52 pm

I then shut the stall door. "Alright......well, i guess you could be one of the grooms." I then looked at him. "Alright, i want you to show me if you can be a good groom. I want to see how good you can groom my stallion Cowboy."
Back to top Go down
PyrenBane

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:55 pm

"Ok." I say, slowly. "What do you want me to do? Like, I need a little instruction. You tell me what to do just once, and I will remember it or life. Photographic memory."
Back to top Go down
Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:57 pm

"Follow me." I then lead him to the Buckskin stallions stall. I then handed him a grooming kit. "Show me what you can do."
Back to top Go down
PyrenBane

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:03 pm

"Okay." I walk up to the horse. "Hey Cowboy. It's alright." I make sure not to come up to him and spook him. I run my hand down his left forleg and then I lift it up. I take out the hoof pick and pry a few clumps of dirt out of his hoof. I do this for each leg. "Good boy." I use the curry comb to clean his fur, making short, circular movements. I check for scratches, and find none. I seem softer and more vulnerable when I work with Cowboy, and you notice it. I spray grooming spray on his tail and brush it out.
Back to top Go down
PyrenBane

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:06 pm

Then I wash his face with a damp towel. Then I clean his tail and check for seeds in his ear.
Back to top Go down
PyrenBane

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:08 pm

Finishing him off, I use a finishing brush to make his coat shiny. Then I apply hoof ointment to keep his hooves from drying or cracking. "There." I say.
Back to top Go down
Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:08 pm

I come in and inspect Cowboy. I notice there is no dirt in his coat. I then tap Cowboy's shoulder and he picks it up on his own. "Well, looks like you are the new groom. How long have you been working with horses for?"
Back to top Go down
PyrenBane

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:20 pm

I smirk. "Never. I read a book about grooming." I look at you and smile crookedly.
Back to top Go down
Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 6:59 am

"Oh. Well it looks like you have the magic touch with horses." I smile.
Back to top Go down
PyrenBane

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:12 pm

I look at you. "I have a talent for... many things." I say. I then turn to leave. "When should I come in for work?"
Back to top Go down
Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 6:58 am

I looked at him and thought for a minute. "Do what to work now? Or do you want to come back tomorrow?"
Back to top Go down
PyrenBane

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 7:39 pm

"Now is good." I say stiffly. "Either way."
Back to top Go down
Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:22 am

I then patted Cowboy. "Alright. I would like you to groom Midnight for me please. I have to go and pick something up from town."
Back to top Go down
PyrenBane

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:46 pm

"Sure." I say, picking up my kit and going into Midnight's stall.
Back to top Go down
Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:40 pm

I go and pick up a package from town and come back in an hour.
Back to top Go down
PyrenBane

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:45 pm

When you come back, half of the horses are groomed. I'm working on Mary's horse, Dusty.
Back to top Go down
Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:58 pm

I walk in carrying my jacket on the shoulder. "Wow, you have been very busy." I looked at Midnight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dean At The Ranch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean At The Ranch   Dean At The Ranch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dean At The Ranch
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next